Thursday, May 29, 2008

On Golden Puddle







For a few years now, I have been fortunate enough to observe a pair of mallards take residence at a near by pond. Really, more of a puddle. Couldn't be much more than 100' x 75'. A veritable lake by some standards(another story)! Anyway, these two free-flying fowls have their choice of numerous bodies of water around here, from the mighty Ohio River to Goose Creek, from Lake Cumberland to Long Run Lake. Yet, as I saw again this morning, they are back, and seemed to be quite content as they zeroed in for a landing on their Golden Puddle.

2 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I love the romance of the duck - mating for life - I wondered how they keep it fresh and I figured, with a lot of travel.

JoeyJo said...

Perhaps they are fresh water ducks.