Sunday, January 20, 2008

Perspective


A few days ago, cast in a crisp blue morning sky, I saw a beautiful array of vapor trails. They were not the typical Xs like the ones my mom says are my father blowing her kisses from heaven. These formed a web. South to North arcs intersected others running West to East. An unintentional masterpiece created by the nearby UPS hub.

At night, gold man-made meteors skate across the horizon amongst stars and planets, casting eerie glows when piercing clouds. Awesome, really.

A few years ago, when I lived much closer to the hub, that same fleet would rock the late night and early morning skies, disturbing my peace or waking me from sleep. Piece of something, I thought. Definitely not masterpiece. Awesome, really.

4 comments:

Margo Moon said...

Lovely imagery, beautifully balanced.

Here's to your dad's kisses from heaven.

JoeyJo said...

Thanks Margo

does anyone remember?

xxxxxxxxxx & ooooooooooo s

XO

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Beautiful, yes. I think you should write to UPS and tell them. There may be free delivery in it for you.

JoeyJo said...

Yep. I'm sure all my Amazon shipping will be free from now on. That plus, I will have a life long membership to The Kentucky Center For The Arts!